E.P.I.C. Program stands for Extraordinary Problems Immediate Care
Referrals received from local Social Workers, Agencies, Family Members, and the seniors themselves. All referrals fill out a request form and submit for review. Once reviewed a team member will contact the client or caseworker with any questions or responses.
E.P.I.C. Mission: Our E.P.I.C Program, previously known as The Emergency Program, provides help for extraordinary situations our seniors are placed in. For example, electric bill piling up due to an unforeseen illness, or a problem with a broken heater. We try to offer an immediate solution and care for each client that may reach out for help.
If you want to help fill a need and would like to donate please click the link below
Extraordinary Problem, Immediate Care
The mission of this program is to help the elderly be able to maintain living in their home as long as possible. We pay for things that, if we did not intervene, would have a huge impact on their lives. This past year, we helped with a refrigerator, security deposits, and much more.
- What type of client can submit for assistants?
- Elderly 60 years and older, low income, disabled, mentally ill, retired veteran
- Disabled to be at least 60 years of age
- Retired veteran to be at least 60 years of age
- Who may submit a referral form to The Christmas Gala?
- Social Workers, caseworkers, organizations that help people in need; example: BCOC caretakers, home health care agencies.
- Can be a self-referral.
- How will the referring organization know if they should send over a request?
- If the referral qualifies for their program they should qualify for The Christmas Gala.
- The amount will be no more than $500.00 per request
- The amount could be less than $500.00
- If the request is in question, the referring organization should forward to The Christmas Gala for review. (Please do not call and ask if we would accept the request; all requests must have a referral form filled out)
- Once a referral is sent over this does not mean it will be filled.
- How are requests handled?
- Approved requests (All requests are limited to one year; example: If filled in June 2019, cannot request again until June 2020).
- All requests will be reviewed and a decision will be made within 2 weeks.
- If an answer is needed sooner than two weeks, we ask this to be noted on the form.
- Request can be faxed, mailed or emailed.
- What type of request will be considered?
- Air conditioners that are a special size for the low-income apartments. All approved air conditioners require a signed agreement that the air conditioners will be returned to the Gala if client moves.
- Electric bills, furniture, beds, household items. If unsure, please send request.
- Requests that are not covered under the E.P.I.C. program (not limited to this list):
- Taxes (regular, property, school, etc.), dental work (including denture repair).
- Homeless housing. No hotel stays will be covered.
- Finding housing for a referral (we do not place).
- Non-emergency oil requests; no appliances (example: washer, dryer).
- NO rent will be covered as of 1/01/19.
- No deposits will be covered as of 1/01/19.
FORMS: (Click to download)