Our E.P.I.C. Program stands for Extraordinary Problems Immediate Care
Referrals received from local Social Workers, Agencies, Family Members, and the seniors themselves. All referrals fill out a request form and submit for review. Once reviewed a team member will contact the client or caseworker with any questions or responses.
E.P.I.C. Mission: Our E.P.I.C Program, previously known as The Emergency Program, provides help for extraordinary situations our seniors are placed in. For example, electric bill piling up due to an unforeseen illness, or a problem with a broken heater. We try to offer an immediate solution and care for each client that may reach out for help.
If you want to help fill a need and would like to donate please click the link below
Extraordinary Problem, Immediate Care
The mission of this program is to help the elderly be able to maintain living in their home as long as possible. We pay for things that, if we did not intervene, would have a huge impact on their lives. This past year, we helped with a refrigerator, security deposits, and much more.
What type of client can submit for assistance?
- Elderly 60 years and older, low income, disabled, mentally ill, retired veteran
- Disabled to be at least 60 years of age
- Retired veteran to be at least 60 years of age
Who may submit a referral form to The Christmas Gala?
- Social Workers, caseworkers, organizations that help people in need; example: BCOC caretakers, home health care agencies.
- Can be a self-referral.
How are requests handled?
- Approved requests (All requests are limited to one time every 2 years; example: If filled in June 2022, cannot request again until June 2024).
- All requests will be reviewed and a decision will be made within 2 weeks.
- If an answer is needed sooner than two weeks, we ask this to be noted on the form.
- Request can be faxed, mailed or emailed.
What type of requests will be considered?
- Included in this program could be request for everyday items to make one’s life just a little more normal. Such as toasters, microwaves, beds, house phones, bikes, etc. Over the years we have paid for electric, water and supplied furniture, TV’s bookshelves and more.
- Air conditioners are special request only.
Requests that are not covered under the E.P.I.C. program (not limited to this list):
- Taxes (regular, property, school, etc.), dental work (including denture repair).
- Homeless housing. No hotel stays will be covered.
- Finding housing for a referral (we do not place).
- Non-emergency oil requests; no appliances (example: washer, dryer).
- NO rent will be covered as of 1/01/19.
- No deposits will be covered as of 1/01/19.
Our E.C.H.O.S. Program stands for Extra Care and Help for Our Seniors
E.C.H.O.S. – Extra care and help for our seniors (we hear you) a program that is still in its early stages but one very much needed. Bridging the gap of offering temporary help and relief services for Bucks County seniors 65 years and older. This program is geared towards medical needs.
FORMS: (Click to download)
If you are interested in being a part of this program in any way such as a volunteer , sponsor, donation of items please feel free to reach out by phone 267-549-7602 or send us a email to email@example.com and leave us your name and contact information and one of the team will reach out to you.