Starting in 2009, the organization began growing beyond its roots in Bristol Township. In 2015, Cheryl Campbell was named one of Bucks County’s Top 10 Movers & Shakers by Bucks Happening Magazine. Read her inspirational story at Meet Cheryl Campbell.The Christmas Gala has grown over the years from servicing Lower Bucks County to servicing all of Bucks County and surrounding areas. We partner with organizations in Bucks, Montgomery and Philly. We have connected in Burlington County, New Jersey. Our Angel program has no limits for growth. Our Emergency program, called EPIC, is limited to our Bucks County Community. We are up for growth in this area, but without support this cannot happen.
The Christmas Gala is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit and has grown into a team of over 40 dedicated volunteers who seek out assistance from our local communities on behalf of seniors. Those we help are typically low-income, receiving Meals-on-Wheels, and often have no family. With the support of social workers, senior centers, private referrals, local businesses and individual donations, our Angel program serves all of Bucks County and surrounding areas, and our other programs, we service all of Bucks County.
- To assist seniors with everyday, essential, and emergency needs to help them stay in their home as long as possible.
- To educate the greater community of Bucks County on the critical needs of the senior population.
- To empower the public to provide assistance that will improve the lives of the low-income aging community.
Like any non-profit in this era of shrinking government funding, we need to continually look for ways to fund our services, events, gift cards, themed baskets, etc. Community support in the form of volunteers, businesses hosting our Giving Trees, and donations are the lifeblood of our organization. As we grow, we are challenged to build smaller committees that can more efficiently manage the services we provide.
- Angel Program – We supplied over 1500 gifts to local elderly in 2019. Each gift is put together from a wish list received from each person. We supply seniors in Bucks County with new Christmas gifts. We ask businesses to put a tree in their office. In 2014, we filled 800 needs and in 2019 more than 1,000. People take an “Angel tag”, purchase the item(s) requested and return everything back to the business.
- E.P.I.C. Program – Our E.P.I.C program provides help for extraordinary situations our seniors are placed in. For example electric bill, problems with broken heaters, we try to offer an immediate solution and car for each client that may reach out for help. Included in this program could be request for everyday items to make ones life just a little more normal. In 2020-2021, we paid for electric, water, rent and supplied furniture, TV’s bookshelves, beds and more.
- Surprise a Senior – Was developed out of the pandemic . So many of our elderly were alone for so long. we decided to try and find a way to put smiles on the faces of those alone. collecting everyday needs such as toilet paper, paper towels , tooth paste, tooth brushes, soap, snacks and more and put them all in a bag and delivered them to the doors and ran. Starting 2022 this program will run from Jan to Aug .
- Clyde and Gobie’s stocking – A program developed by the founders grandchildren. The Christmas Gala collects pet supplies and hands out to those seniors in need. Anything extra collected is give to other non profits in the area to help support them.
- E.C.H.O.S. – Extra care and help for our seniors (we hear you) a program that is still in its early stages but one very much needed. Bridging the gap of offering temporary help and relief services for Bucks County seniors 65 years and older. This program is geared towards medical needs.
What is the money used for?
Are you looking for a volunteer experience that is exciting and fulfilling? At The Christmas Gala, we value teamwork and fun. We have opportunities that match almost any skill you can bring to the table. In addition to committees like Bowling with Santa or the Annual Gala, we now have a New Jersey group and an Upper Bucks group. At The Christmas Gala, one person can make a big impact!